We are Unbiased. We know that creating a secure future for you and your family tomorrow means making the right financial decisions today. But finding professionals you can trust to give you the right advice for you isn’t always easy. With Unbiased it is.
At Unbiased we’ve got the trusted experience and advice you need to help you make those difficult decisions with confidence. We simply and reliably connect you with financial advisers, mortgage brokers or accountants who can give you clear, impartial advice, tailored to your individual circumstances. So, when it comes to making life’s biggest decisions, you’re never on your own.
We have big ambitions to improve how people tackle the biggest decisions, and working at Unbiased means working with smart, motivated people who believe in this. We have a fun, but in an ambitious environment where we are simply trusted to get stuff done.
About the Role
We are seeking a skilled Sales Leader with experience of working in the finance or mortgage markets to lead our small but brilliant sales team. You’ll report into our CCO, collaborating closely on sales strategy, development and implementation.
- Support the CCO in sales strategy development - develop strategic sales plans that expand the customer base and ensure the company maintains a strong presence across all verticals. Identify opportunities to increase performance and bring such opportunities to the attention of the CCO.
- Keep informed of products and services – you must have ability to get under the skin of our business, market and competitive landscape in order to develop and effectively implement a highly effective sales strategy.
- Set sales targets and motivate the team
- Set daily, weekly and monthly sales goals.
- Motivate employees to reach individual sales goals and encourage the team to work smarter, rather than harder.
- Understand the importance of praising and rewarding team members who do a stellar job and implement bonus and prize programs or “employee of the month” achievements.
- Ensure your sales reps operate as a 10, as often as possible - Challenge the team to raise the bar over time, create a virtuous cycle of continuous improvement and a sense of progression, even for your top performers.
- Carry out monthly One to One’s (bi-monthly One to One’s where under performance dictates)
- Take accountability and become the voice of the team - listen, say what needs to be said and speak up on the issues that matter.
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines - Ensure that new opportunities are distributed and actioned in accordance with company expectations. Know how to assign tasks to the team members with the best skills for the job and guide staff members to ensure the work is done well.
- Recruit, train and coach our sales team
- Define sales job requirements, assist in the search for the best candidates and take part in the interview process.
- Provide sales team members with tips and training to achieve a competitive edge.
- Orient new sales staff and focus on improving job performance of existing staff.
- In the field sales coaching: - This involves jumping on calls and visiting clients with your sales reps.
- Scenario based sales coaching - This focuses on the specifics of a given deal during a pipeline review (scenario-based tasks, roleplays etc).
- Prepare and deliver sales reports to CCO - including complete call monitoring sessions on a weekly basis, team member performance and mission-related objectives.
- Work closely with Customer Success & Customer Support leads as one strong team to deliver on overall targets – provide cover for other leads when required (holidays, sickness etc).
How we’ll take care of you:
- Share options: We want our whole team to share in our success, you’ll be a key part of the business helping our growth, so you’ll be allocated valuable options in Unbiased.
- Brilliant Pension Contributions: We go above and beyond when it comes to helping you to save for your future.
- Investment in your Development: Alongside in-house training, you’ll be allocated £1,000 a year to invest in your career development
- Investment in your Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is a top priority for us, and you’ll be able to benefit from fully paid subscription to Calm, our favourite Wellbeing App
- Social Events: We’re a social bunch (lockdown’s permitting…) so you can expect plenty of activities based in and around our vibrant office in the heart of Clerkenwell.
The Usual Benefits:
- Holiday: you’ll be allocated plenty of holiday to ensure that you have enough time to recharge, work-life balance is super important to us here
- Flexible working: we’ll work with you to find the balance of office-based work and remote working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Life and Critical Illness insurance
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Unbiased are made up of broad range of talented people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. We retain de-personalised statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but no individuals are identifiable from that data.
Once a person has taken up employment with Unbiased, we will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment. Once their employment with Unbiased has ended, we will retain the file in accordance with the requirements of our retention schedule and then delete it.
As much as we appreciate the help, we’re using our own direct sourcing methods or we’re working with one of our carefully selected Agency Partners on this vacancy. To find out a little more about how we partner with agencies please email firstname.lastname@example.org FAO our Talent Manager, speculative phone calls will not be taken by our team neither will CV submissions without Unbiased or the candidates expressed consent.