With Unbiased, you can manage all of life’s biggest decisions in one place. Find the experts to support you at every step, see what’s on the horizon, plan ahead and be ready for the unexpected.
We have big ambitions to revolutionise how people make the biggest decisions in their life, so they can ensure they are making the right plans for their future. We have a talented team who share our vision and know that to be the best at what we do, we need to be relentless about progress. We are a team of doers who move quickly, collaborate and learn from our mistakes.
We are enjoying this exciting journey we are on – we are helping people and shaping a growing business at the same time.
We are looking for a Product Manager to help discover, define and deliver products for users of www.unbiased.co.uk and our professional adviser customers. You will join a highly motivated squad including product design, developers and marketing who all share a common purpose and goal. You will think big and deliver small to drive product success for our customers and the business.
By building a deep understanding of our market, the competition and our customers’ needs via continuous product discovery you will define the product that help our users achieve their financial goals.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Subject matter expertise of your market, competition and users
- Discovering and assessing the viability of new market and product opportunities
- Product discovery – you’ll have a test and learn mentality and work closely with our product design team on both problem and solution discovery (we like to follow the Continuous Discovery methodology)
- Building and own your product roadmap that delivers the businesses vision and OKR’s
- Execution and delivery – a plan is easy, executing is key
- Ongoing iteration and optimisation of the product
- Prioritisation – prioritise those things that will drive the highest customer and business value and deliver your roadmap
- Work with development as part of a scrum team to deliver your product roadmap. This includes all of the usual scrum activities including being the product owner
- Reporting on product performance including defining the key measures of performance
- Managing your stakeholders and communicating – we are small business and your interaction will be across the entire organisation including the C-Suite.
To succeed, you’ll need…
- 3+ years’ product management experience
- Demonstrable experience of problem and solution discovery
- Be very comfortable talking to customers
- Ability to gather and analyse both qual and quant insights directly from customers and via analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Looker
- The ability to quickly build market and competitor knowledge to become a subject matter expert
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills across all levels of business
- Excellent prioritisation skills with the ability to focus on those initiatives that will genuinely move the business forward
- Build and deliver a roadmap via a backlog as part of an agile/scrum delivery squad with the ability to manage this backlog via the regular cadence of story writing, refinement and backlog prioritisation
- Strong commercial acumen with an ability to see both the customer view of your product and the commercial reality of delivering the right outcomes for the business
- Be able to define and clearly articulate your products value proposition
- Knowledge of B2B product management experience in a SAAS business
- B2C product management in a marketplace
- Experience using Jira, Confluence and Asana
How we’ll take care of you:
Brilliant Pension Contributions: We go above and beyond when it comes to helping you to save for your future.
Investment in your Development: Alongside in-house training, you’ll be allocated £1,000 a year to invest in your career development
Investment in your Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is a top priority for us, and you’ll be able to benefit from fully paid subscription to Calm, our favourite Wellbeing App
Social Events: We’re a social bunch so you can expect plenty of activities based in and around our vibrant office in the heart of Farringdon
Flexible working: we’ll work with you to find the balance of office-based work and remote working
The Usual Benefits:
- Holiday: you’ll be allocated plenty of holiday to ensure that you have enough time to recharge, work-life balance is super important to us here
- Flexible working: we’ll work with you to find the balance of office-based work and remote working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Life insurance
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Unbiased are made up of broad range of talented people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 12 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. We retain de-personalised statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities, but no individuals are identifiable from that data. Once a person has taken up employment with Unbiased, we will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment. Once their employment with Unbiased has ended, we will retain the file in accordance with the requirements of our retention schedule and then delete it.
As much as we appreciate the help, we’re using our own direct sourcing methods or we’re working with one of our carefully selected Agency Partners on this vacancy. To find out a little more about how we partner with agencies please email firstname.lastname@example.org FAO our Talent Manager, speculative phone calls will not be taken by our team neither will CV submissions without Unbiased or the candidates expressed consent.